Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday, 4/9/13

Well, as you can see, I'm still here so I didn't get my chance to run off with a rockstar like I'd hoped. Oh well, there's always next time... LOL!!

I hope you all had a great day yesterday. I love those spring days when we get "peeks" of what's to come------sun shining, kids outside playing, birds chirping, general happiness and merriment all around. Now, of course, it's set to rain all week, but that's okay. Get those flowers up and those buds on trees during the week, then bring the sunshine back next weekend. ;)

I just put up a gigantic world map in our classroom so we can start going through the adventures our Flat Stanleys have had and mark them on our map. I'm excited to see the kids' reaction when they come in tomorrow and notice the big map. I love geography, so I've always got a lot of maps up around the room. It gives me great joy to see the kids use their "spare" time to investigate the maps. This one is BIG and COLORFUL, so I think they're going to look at it like it's got brand new info on it.

That's it for today. I have a table full of work to get done and I'm dying to get outside into the warmth of spring time!! It's still warm out, right??? I ran out at lunchtime. It was warm but crazy windy. I swear it almost knocked me over! Now I'm looking at the flag at the park district and it's not moving an iota. Where did the wind go? The super cool clouds that were in the sky earlier aren't out there anymore either. What a crazy weather day. I kind of like it---keeps us on our toes, right?  Haha! Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment