Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday, 4/25/13

What a day! I spent from the time I woke up agonizing about what to do about the Nature Center field trip. The "feels like" temp was 33. The wind was blowing so briskly that the flags were all horizontal. It had clearly just rained AGAIN an hour or two before, and I'd seen pics of Mother Nature's affect on it just one week ago---not good.  Then I finally spoke with Chris. I needed to know if it was as bad over there as I pictured. She told me that the lessons my kids would be doing were mainly off of the trails, and everything off of the trails was wet and muddy so the kids' shoes would most certainly quickly become wet and muddy. I just couldn't have the kids in ruined shoes (you know how much I love good shoes!! LOL!), squishing all the way back to school in brisk weather and then sitting in wet shoes, socks and pant bottoms all day long. It just wasn't worth the risk of them getting sick. Ugh! Sometimes it completely stinks to be the grown-up. So, I finally made the decision, and then I had to tell the kids. I tried to soften the blow by promising a few minutes of a movie that we love this afternoon, and I had them begin on a top-secret mission (and by mission, I mean project). They handled it well. On of the bajillion reasons why I love them so much! As the morning progressed I felt better about the decision because the sky quickly filled with big fluffy clouds, so even if the sun was beaming down warmth to us, we wouldn't have felt it. Like I said, sometimes it just stinks!

The good news is, the kids seemed to enjoy their top-secret mission and many have theirs near completion. I see on the kids' classroom calendar (which recently changed from tracking how many days we've been in school to how many days we have left-----aka my own little pocket-chart of anxiety) that we only have 23 days left. OMG I can't even handle that! Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to do, not near enough time----never enough time!

But! Tomorrow is Friday and it's finally supposed to feel like spring, so there is plenty to look forward to!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment