Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday, 12/21/12

Whoa! What a whirlwind of a day! We just wrapped up our classroom party. It was absolutely perfect! We had two moms who stepped in at the last minute and two who had been on the planning team from the beginning and it all came together so amazingly!! Thank you soooooooooooooo much to those special moms. You made this afternoon very memorable for the kids.

I hope you all have a fantastic winter break. I hope your Christmas and New Years are full of fun and laughter.

I have to put the obligatory plug in for the importance of reading, practicing spelling and math and doing writing over break. Some of my kids took their journals home over break to write. I don't know if they'll actually do it (I'm taking papers home to grade...we'll see how that goes....), but it made me so proud that they initiated wanting to take it home.

If you're going to the candlelight vigil at Usher Park tonight, maybe I'll see you there. I know it's going to be so cold, but it is one of the jillion reasons I love my town so much. When there is a need to come together as a community for the purpose of celebration or healing, Itasca does it with purpose and heart. It will be the perfect ending to this day which I began with a moment of silence, then filled with anything but silence (I wouldn't have it any other way!!).

Happy Holidays!!

XOXO (and a HO HO HO!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment