Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday, 12/3/13

Apparently Buddy has made a friend:

The note says: Always Share (especially with nice girls!!) LOL!! Apparently Buddy is a player. 
We had the BEST lesson in math today. Oh man, it was the kind of lesson I wish you could have seen. It was a problem-solving lesson (so you already know I'll love it), but then my kids; my brilliant, intelligent, amazing kids took other lessons that I've been teaching them and put them to use in this lesson and my heart grew three sizes (a Grinch reference, for those of you who may not know). To begin with, the math company's website would not open in Chrome. I tried 3 times. As I started to lose heart, I told the kids that sometimes when we try and try and try and continue to have difficulties, then we have to think about solving our problems differently. I then tried to open in in Explorer, and low-and-behold: success!! Thank goodness!! I needed to drive that lesson home. ;) Later on, during the lesson, my little out-of-the-box thinkers came up with some thoughts that the math series did not even address. OMG---how much more could I love them???? And now, while I'm writing this 6 hours after having taught the lesson, I can't remember some of the things I heard them say. All of the things which made me think, "I have to blog about this lesson and how the kids are thinking so differently about math," have completely left my brain, so you'll just have to take my word for it that your kids are starting to develop the most amazing critical thinking. I'm seriously bursting with pride!!!

On that note--have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment