Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, 12/9/13

S'elf'ie--Buddy explained that he had to push the button with his foot because his hands are connected to each other. 
I was not at school on Friday so I wasn't sure where, if anywhere, Buddy had moved to. Well, I came in this morning and found that Buddy had taken a s'elf'ie and emailed it to me. He found it wildly funny that the world ELF is in sELFie. He also told me what his note to the kids said: Ms. Mitchell told me to be in charge of the time while she is gone. This isn't exactly true! After gathering all of my materials for the sub and getting the room all ready for Friday, I mentioned to Buddy to watch the kids for me while I was gone. Apparently, he took it upon himself to grab to timer and tell the kids that I had put him in charge. He's a gutsy little fella, I'll give him that!!


And...here he is today....

The note says: "I seeeeeeeee you......"  Wicked sense of humor, don't you think???

And before I let you go for the night, let me say, in tonight's do-or-die situation: GOOOOOOOOOOO BBBBBBBBEEEAAAAARRRRRSSSSSS!!!! Those Cowboys can't handle REAL weather, so this should be a cake-walk! Let's do this!!! 

P.S. Do you know that The Sing Off starts tonight? I showed the kids one of my favorite clips from the show---it was a few years ago when one of the groups did the song from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. (If you're unfamiliar with the show, it's all acapella groups, so it's super cool for the kids to see how the people make the music without using any instrucments other than their voices) Anyhow, I'd thought that it had been cancelled awhile back, but I guess it's back for 2 weeks or something. I'm not 100% sure, I'm just so thankful that this creative, positive, family-friendly show still has some legs. So, check it out!! It's awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment