Friday, December 13, 2013

Thursday 12/12 and Friday the 13th, 2013

Note: I thought I'd published Thursday's post last night before I left. I guess in all of my excitement, I just X'd out and didn't post. I'm so sorry----so here's a 2fer!!

Thursday:

Tonight is the big night! The 2nd grade winter program! I can't wait! We had rehearsal today, and the kids did such a great job. This year we have both a new art teacher and a new music teacher, so those two ladies came together and created a fresh new experience for the kids (and for a certain teacher who will be watching her 19th show tonight). I have had the privilege of working with the kids who have speaking parts, so I know how far they've come since they first received their scripts. I am so proud of them. They are exceptional this year. And then there are my little elves (my class plays the part of the elves, feels appropriate with all we've had going on with Buddy, I'm sure he's extra proud! Notice the music when MY class of elves is introduced---it's SOOOO perfect for us!!). You'll want to be sure to bring extra tissue. I was thankful I had some at rehearsal. They will make you laugh, they will make you tear up and above all, they will make you proud. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's Buddy today-------he thought he could join us for our rehearsal! Crazy Elf!!
His note: I'm ready!!! Which way to Peacock??



FRIDAY:

How amazing was that show last night? When we do our dress rehearsal, the risers, stage and backdrops thingees are up, but there are no decorations whatsoever, so it was as new and beautiful to me as it is to you. Then, when we came into school this morning--here's what we saw:
The note: I snuck in last night. You guys were good elves. You made all of us North Pole elves very happy!
Buddy apparently got out of there with a program from the show. I'm not sure how--I've never once in my career gotten a program, they're always gone by the time I get upstairs. I guess that's one of the bonuses of being a magic little creature. The kids are starting to question Buddy's legitimacy. They think I'm writing the notes. First of all, (as I've told them), I'm already here until 5:00 every night----as if I need more work to do? Nope!! Plus, if I were at all involved with him, wouldn't I do things to make my life easier?? Today he's leaning up against a container of markers that I use all the time. It was the first thing I saw this morning and I was instantly annoyed because I knew I wouldn't be able to risk touching him by grabbing a marker. Nope--not me, I'm afraid. Just the magic of a little elf. After I was complaining a bit about him, I was reminded that he delivers news back to Santa each night. I want the stuff on my Christmas list, so I wised up and closed up my complaining mouth! I'm hoping that Buddy has a short memory!

Have a wonderful weekend! I'm having a little Christmas gathering at my house tomorrow, so I've got to wrap things up here so I can home to start perfecting some recipes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment