Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday, 3/19/13

Tomorrow is our Citizenship assembly for Character Counts. In reading over what the kids wrote in preparation, I was amazed at how far their writing has come. I guess it's really starting to sink in that we are in the final days of third quarter and then it's only a matter of a very short time before my second graders become third graders. This has been an active, spirited year, but nonetheless, I definitely think that they will be ready for the move to Franzen. I wouldn't be doing my duty to the kids if I didn't metnion that they will be ready for the move if they continue to work and review the skills they learned all summer. And prepare yourself, because I will soon become a broken record regarding this topic. The summer months are a long time for the brain to not regroup, to not read, to not write and spell properly-----and it will kill me if all of the hard work that has been done all year ulitmately reverses or stalls out because of the summer. You won't do that to me though, right??? RIGHT???? =)

No answer? I'll take that as a "You're right Ms. Mitchell. We'll keep the kids working on school skills all summer!!"

Lol! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment