Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday, 3/18/13

After all I wrote on Friday, I don't have much to report on today. Apparently we are an all or nothing class. We had an "all" day on Friday and today was a "nothing." Well, let me be clear, not completely nothing---just completely normal. As I was complaining that I didn't have much to write, the kids let me know that I had a lot to write about---and then they started showing their personalities (aka--I could write about them!!). I figured out that I'd let a genie out of the bottle and now I'm seeing it.....I've told them all year how great and important it is to be different and "weird" and be true to themselves. Now, when I least expect it----they declare, "I'm weird" as proud as peacocks. In all honesty, it makes me soooo proud!! Personally I embrace my inner-weirdness (if you read my blog frequently, this comes as no surprise) and it allows me to see life in a fun and funny way, and that's one of my dreams for my kids. They need to be serious and studious and level-headed, but they also need to see the benefit of finding a happy medium and a time for silly, for left-of-center and for laughter!  I do my best to provide them with a healthy balance of those life traits, and in all honesty I love seeing them proud to be their silly, random, self-proclaiming "weird" selves-----themselves. If I could fast-forward and see the future, I would hope to see them continue to embrace and find strength in those attributes. There may come a time when others try to diminish those traits, and I hope to plant a seed that lets them know that those are the traits they should rise and be proud of. Stand up in who you are, let your colors shine---every single one of them: the light, the dark, the pastel, the bright, the dull and shiny-----every single one of them is necessary and vital to being who you are!

Okay---this took a bit of an odd turn, but I kind of like my stream-of-consciousness for a random Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment