Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday, 3/15/13

The day finally arrived----2nd grade career day was today!! We've been planning and planning and preparing and preparing for this day, and it was a RAGING SUCCESS!!  We had many parents volunteer to present along with several community members who join us each year---and get this: two of my former students came back to Benson and also presented their jobs to the kids. I don't know if I could have been more proud!! Interestingly though---those two ladies who were once second-graders of mine~ they got older, but I didn't....we look to be the same age!! LOL!!! I hope that you all hear about the great careers which were represented today. I sure hope the kids had a great time! And a gigantic thank you to Mrs. B, Ms. B, and Mr. J and Mr. O for volunteering their time to come and talk to the kids!

Something pretty cool happened today--as if we didn't already nave enough coolness. Right before lunchtime I heard an excessively loud rumbling. Normally I block those noises from the sky out, but somewhere in my subconscious I remembered hearing on this morning's news that President Obama was coming to the suburbs today. Back when he was very first elected I remember thinking that surely here in Itasca, with all of the other planes we see every day, that we'd get to see Air Force One flying over when the President came home. Well, it wasn't Air Force One that I saw, and I am not even 100% certain that it was "presidentially" related, but regardless I had the kids run over to the windows to see the two uber-cool helicopters flying by. I love moments like those!

Oh oh oh--how could I forget----ask your child about the Irish dancers that visited them during music class today!!

And now I'm off to run the Rose Queen Scholarship Pageant. What a week!! Momentous, to say the least!

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment