Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday, 3/11/13

When waking up on the Monday morning after springing forward, there are not many benefits. It's still dark out when the alarm goes off and you're still tired from your internal clock being messed with. All of that is true, but when you're a second-grade teacher and the children come in a little groggy, well that's a recipe for an uber quiet morning which definitely takes the sting out of the springing. Everything has a silver lining!!! Plus I am sooo much more productive when it stays lighter later, so that's an added bonus.

It is at this point I must admit to you that it has just struck me that I still have snowmen, snowflakes and "Let It Snow" hanging up in my room. It is mid-March, time for it all to come down!!! This week I do not have a single second to spare, but I'm feeling an overwhelming need to get that stuff down! It's time for flip-flops people!!!! No more snow!!! I have one and only one goal for this weekend (yes, I know it's only Monday....) and that goal is to get a pedicure. After that, I'll be determined to put away the closed-toe shoes and bring on the warm weather already!!!! Hmmm--apparently I'm feeling very strongly about that. Sometimes I don't realize how I'm feeling until I get writing. Lucky for you, huh??

We've begun lessons on economics in social studies. Today we were talking about taxes, not exactly a concrete concept to teach 2nd graders. They did a good job of grasping it. They were more concerned about people who don't have jobs and how they contribute. Pretty insightful, huh? I thought so too! Such big hearts I have in this room. I'm a lucky chick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment