Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday, 3/7/13

Have you heard? We've begun cursive in second grade! The kids love this "grown-up" way of writing. Many people have told me that in districts across the country, cursive is no longer taught. When I see former students, often they ask if I still teach it because they don't even remember how to do it. Hmmmm---I know there are arguements to support teaching or not teaching it, but I'm going to remain neutral on the topic. If my boss tells me to teach it, I teach it, and like I said, the kids love learning it, so that makes it fun. Well, I don't know how much they'll love it when we're on letter 20 or so, but as of now, letter 5ish, they're still loving it. =)

I've got to run. It's the first Rose Queen Scholarship Pagaent rehearsal tonight. Have I mentioned that I'm running it? Yup----Mrs. Reuter, her daugher (a former Rose Queen herself) and I took it over this year. I guess none of the three of us had enough on our calendars....LOL!!  It should be fun. I hope that one of these years some of my former students will be involved. I'm not a judge, mind you--just a coordinator and executor of the big event, so there would be no bias, just joy on my part.

Off to see the ladies! Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment