Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wednesday, 5/21/14

Last week I was getting a bit concerned about how the remainder of our school year together was going to go down. The weather was still cold, the kids were still in for recess and the fact that school was less than a month from being over was starting to take hold. Classroom management became a challenge, and I had to put in place some of the tricks up my sleeve that I'd used at the start of a school year. At one point I remember telling the kids that we didn't have much time left, and I really hoped that our time together would be lovely and fun, rather than frustrated and "strict."

I don't know what miracle happened, but they must've picked up on what I was trying to tell them. My day, well my week really, has been full of moments that I have tried to take "mental snapshots" of (is anyone thinking back to Alec Baldwin's episode of "Friends"? I sure am!). My students have been demonstrating the love, understanding and compassion for each other that I have intended to foster all year long. They have been cute and clever. I have watched them put into practice the problem solving skills that I've worked to teach them, and I have heard them use the terminology and phrases that I tend to repeat. I can nearly feel my heart swell as I write all of this. This year has been a true journey and it has been my honor to be on it with this particular group of little humans. I'm not wrapping up my blog for the year, even though it may sound that way, I'm just having a bit of a moment. <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment