Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday, 5/6/14

Before I write anything at all about our excitement of the day, I must send a gigantic THANK YOU to anyone and everyone who is involved in the IPTO. Today their Teacher Appreciation committee provided the most amazing lunch for our staff. I've been very diligently watching what I've been consuming lately, but that all went out the window today. Tree Guys catered and it was AMAZING! I wish I could go back for more and more and more it was all so yummy! Thank you thank you thank you---any and all who contribute funds, time and/or talent to this wonderful organization. They do such incredible things for our kids and today made each of us feel extremely special!!

Now--on to the Room 16 excitement: BUTTERFLIES! Right here in our room! We've been waiting so incredibly patiently ever since the teeny tiny caterpillars arrived. We watched those caterpillars eat and grow, eat and grow, eat and grow. Eventually we saw their final molt as their metamorphosis transformed them each into a chrysalis. And now, the moment we'd all been waiting for, their final emergence into the beautiful Painted Ladies. The kids noticed first-thing this morning (I hadn't even noticed yet!). At first they were concerned because the butterflies were not moving, so I had to remind them that they were brand-spankin new to the world. By lunchtime I was getting excited reports that some had opened their wings. It's so fun to watch the kids run to the net every time we return to the classroom. I love hearing them talk to each other and use the vocabulary that I've been exposing them to throughout this science unit. They make me so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment