Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday, 5/12/14

Happy Monday----Happy Spring (finally!) and Happy day-after Mother's Day! I hope you all had a great day relaxing and being catered to! From what I hear, that's not typically how Mother's Day rolls, but I can still hold out hope for you all. The kids were excited to tell me about giving their moms the books that they made for them in school. I usually find time to read them because they are usually so cute and funny, but I time escaped me this year.  I hope they were wonderful and you all loved them. I'm all about the keepsake gifts that have more heart and humor than razzle and dazzle, so I sure hope you found the joy in them that the kids had while making them.

I'm so incredibly excited that the trees are finally blooming, and I might even have lilacs on my bushes at home one of these days! They've usually blossomed and gone away by this point in May, but to be honest, I don't mind waiting for them. As long as they eventually appear, I'll be happy! On the downside of this sudden burst of spring----the dandelions in my yard are out of control! I've never had this many before, and I swear the stems are more like hoses with how thick they are. I spent a lot of my weekend outside spraying them. It's me against the weeds, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not totally confident that I'll come out of this war victorious! The joys of home ownership I guess----it's just that I'm a bit of a girly girl, so when I'm out pushing the fertilizer thingee or spraying weeds, I'm so far beyond my comfort zone, it's not even funny. I'm counting on one of you to find my knight in shining armor (I'd settle for a knight with a shining lawnmower) for me! ;)

Well, that paragraph sure took an interesting turn, huh? Lol! Perhaps I should take it as a sign to hit the Publish button and get my work done for the afternoon. Have a good night----hopefully there will be a sign of lilacs when we all get home! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment