Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday, 8/28/13

Don't you just love that commercial that has the camel walking around asking everyone if they know what day it is?  I've always thought that if my calling was not to teaching, I'd have so loved marketing. I adore clever commericals like that one. You have to think for a second, but when you get it, you GET it!! Genius!!

Well, today marked our one-week anniversary of the new school year. We did our first mad minute. I'm not sure why, but mad minutes tend to be a bit stressful for some kids. They don't really dig the timed aspect, so I tried something new today. I gave them my schpeel about mad minutes, the procedure, etc. but I included a little nugget of information. I told the class that the 2 minute time limit is for me. I told them that, if it was left up to me, I'd proabably get involved on the computer or in a project while they were working and lose track of time--therefore I set the timer so that I don't lose track. I'm am hoping beyond hope that the thought of the timer being for me, rather than for the kids, helps take the attention away from it.

Tomorrow we will have some special (non-human) visitors to our classroom. I can't wait for you to hear all about them......... (2nd grade is sooo intriguing, is it not???)

Happy Hump Day!!!!!!!! ("You DO know what day it is, right??" I love that camel!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment