Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday, 8/21/13 THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!

Hi everyone!!

Weeeee'rrrrrreeee  Baaaaaacccccckkkkkkk!!

And despite this being in the sky last night:
Blue Moon












It was a great day today! For anyone who may not know, this summer Benson Primary got a major face lift. We had new carpet put in our classrooms and new rubberized flooring throughout the hallways. There is new paint, which some may not notice, but for a girl who has lived in this classroom for the past 18 years (in fact, I should look. I feel like I may have been hired 18 years ago this week!), I notice every little change--and I appreciate them all. When I first started, this classroom was pink! Yup, you read that right: PINK! I love pink, but when it's the color you're looking at all day long, it's...well, it's interesting. ;) I can't wait for you all to come in a few weeks for Curriculum Night. The school and our room looks great (if I may say so myself).

It's 4:45, so I'm hoping by now you've heard some great things about our day. These first few days are always a little "awkward" as we get to know each other and settle into some semblance of a routine, but as far as first days go...this one was pretty darn good.

I hope you have a great night!!  And don't forget that we do this whole gig again tomorrow. ;) Oh, and while I'm doing some reminding---tomorrow is early day, so 2:40 is our dismissal time.

Have a good one,

Ms. Mitchell =)

No comments:

Post a Comment