Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday, 5/16/13

CHICKS! CHICKS! EVERYWHERE CHICKS!! (and I'm not even talking about the teachers!!!)

On Monday, after 21 long days of waiting, our first little guy started to pip, and before we knew it, we had chicks breaking out of their shells left and right. This event is, by far, one of the most exciting and anticipated of the entire year. The incubators are in the library every year so all of the Benson kids can come along on our adventure, but they learn at an early age that it is a 2nd-grade activity. This year I began getting questions about the chicks--when they'd arrive, what we'd do with them, on and on and on and on way back in August, so when I say this was a long-awaited event, it wasn't my typical hyperbole. And, you can probably understand why when you look at this:


They are nearly as cute as my kids, don't you think?  They are DEFINITELY as loud! Of that I can guarantee!!!

Well, if any of you were at the meeting last night, you'll forgive me for being brief. This chick needs to sign off, get some work done and catch some zzzzzzzz's.

No comments:

Post a Comment