Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bonus Saturday packing post

Happy Saturday. I'm at school cleaning/packing/procrastinating.... actually, I'm taking a small lunch break and feeling the need to write. Just like when you're packing to move your home~ the labor stinks, but the job becomes quite cathartic. I've run across notes, trinkets and memories that have continued to live on over 17 years in this classroom, despite the occupants having moved on to bigger and better things in life. I guess I wanted you all to know because, while I might only have about 12 hours left of being your child's teacher, he/she will ALWAYS live on in my heart and in this classroom. I know that our last two days are going to be emotion-charged (there were already some tears on Friday) and bittersweet, but I just want you and your children to know that once I'm in their lives, I'm in for the long-haul.  AKA: You're stuck with me forever  (forrrrrrrrr----eeeevvvvvv------errrrrrrrr Sandlot style!!!)

Okay, I should hit 'publish' and get back to the fun of packing up.

But, before I do, I need to send a special thank you to an amazing Nonna. She sent this into school for me yesterday. Thank goodness I have one more week of stress eating (is that sentence a complete oxymoron, or what??). Grazie Nonna!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment