Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday, 5/23/13

When I told you yesterday about the notorious village of Bonkersville, one of the exits I forgot to mention was to the Land of Never-ending Questions. Today when someone said my name, I said the following: "If you're going to ask me a question, I'm sorry, but I answered the final question of the year about 20 minutes ago. You see, every year Dr. Turner gives me a certain number of questions I can answer, and I reached my limit a little while ago. I'm so very, very sorry!"  At this point in the year, the kids are onto my sense of humor, so they don't buy into my stand-up routines anymore. However, I kind of cracked myself up with that one, and thought I'd share because I'd hoped you'd see the humor as well. Feel free to use it if you find yourself traveling that road over the summer.  LOL!

One more quick story:

Below are the shoes I wore today. The second school started I was busted up laughing, and I knew I'd have to share the story with you. One of the girls looked at my shoes and said, "Those are Tango shoes!!!" I thought that I must've heard her wrong (I thought she'd said "Tangled," as in the movie) so I asked her to repeat herself. Sure enough--it was Tango. I asked how she knew what the Tango was, and she, very proudly, told me, "I watch Dancing with the Stars!!" See, reality tv can be educational after all!! And in case you're wondering--yes, later on in the morning, I most definitely grabbed one of the kids and began a Tango. I had to......I was wearing Tango shoes!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment