Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday, 3/4/14

Hi! I hope you all had a great long weekend. The kids filled me in on some of their fun----I had a nice weekend, but not nearly as nice as the kids. Kudos to you all! We all need a break from this weather.

I think I'd filled you in on the Rose Queen pageant that I was running on Friday night. It was a huge success. Things like that are always stressful because you want them to go off without a hitch, but at the end of the night when I got to look at the strong, confident, bold and courageous girls who were gracing that stage, I felt nothing but pride. I only met the contestants in early February, but still felt a strong connection. High school can be a tough time, but they handled themselves so beautifully, it was a lovely experience. I can't wait to see some of my little girls when they are at Lake Park getting involved in the event!! (hint, hint!)

Then I woke up on Saturday to yet another round of laryngitis. I don't know what the deal is. I've always joked that I have the strongest vocal cords around from doing this job for so long, but they are definitely proving me wrong. So, back to the immediate care I went after yesterday's institute. Back on meds. Blech!

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to wish you a happy Fat Tuesday! I'm stopping for a shamrock shake on my way home tonight. I'm giving up sweets and white things (bread, pasta, rice) for Lent, so I need to do it up tonight!! I've got pasta from Tree Guys and then that shake should do the trick. Hopefully I'll drop some of these evil lbs somewhere along the line before Peter Cottontail comes hopping down the lane.

Okay-that's it from here-----now that I've written about that shake, I can't really just hang around here for much longer, now can I??

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment