Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday, 3/18/14

The kids came in today asking if the leprechaun had come last night. I told them that I'd hoped not because I spent a long time cleaning up after him!! Luckily, he did not. There are just some little remnants of his time here in room 16. I forgot to get the ladder, so the green evidence he left on the disco ball is still there, and his little footprints were still on some of their desks. Nothing a chlorox wipe couldn't handle this morning. ;)

Tomorrow is our citizenship assembly, so this afternoon the kids were doing some writing about being a good citizen. I was impressed with what I saw them writing, and I'm excited to take the pile home and read their thoughts tonight. The first grade teachers do a great job of getting the kids' writing skills ready for 2nd grade, and it is such a thrill to see the strides they make throughout the year. There are still sentences that start with lower-case letters (ugh!), but the content grows so much and the kids' confidence in putting their thoughts on paper is just impressive. This time of year becomes very contemplative for me. I marvel at the independent, intelligent, well-versed students who have emerged in my class, but I lament that our time together is rapidly coming to a close. All the more reason to cherish every moment!

By the way---you voted today, right?????  Good citizens! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment