Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday, 3/10/14

Happy Monday, and what a Monday it is! I don't know what the temperature is, but I know that it was already 40 when I was in the car at 7:30 this morning! I remember looking at the field outside of my classroom this morning and seeing the slightest hint of the ground below the snow trying to peep through. I asked the kids if they thought that there would be enough melting today to possibly see the baseball field where that little spot of hope was. I just looked out now, and not only can I see parts of the baseball field, I can actually see grass! GRASS!  What a difference a day makes! Of course, I know that we're on track to have the ground recovered before the week is over, but I take every small victory I can receive!

Today was a great day! We are not following a different schedule this week, as we were last week to help out our ISAT taking friends across town. We are actually going to have a 5-day week, and there is not one thing (other than meetings) in any of the boxes on my calendar. I know it sounds insane, but actually getting one complete week in teaching is a blessing like you can't imagine. I might actually get all of my goals met and all of my to-do lists completed. Maybe.... a girl can dream!

Speaking of a girl dreaming--is anyone else excited to see how The Bachelor pans out tonight? Excited might be an over statement, but yes, I admit it, I got roped in, and now I'm stuck and have to see it through to the bitter, bitter end. I know it's not going to be all of the hype they make it out to be, and I know that my brain would better be served watching the talented folks (and the cutie-pie judges) on The Voice, but I'll dvr The Voice and see how this whole Juan Pablo shenanigans plays out. I'll be annoyed with myself that I watched, but I guess my mind needs some brainless time too. That's when the intelligent cells regenerate, right???? Anyone? Bueller?? Bueller??

Okay--this brainy girl needs to go and clean up her home-away-from-home so she can go out and feel the warmth on her face. Happy Monday! Bring on the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment