Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday, 4/28/14

I feel like it's been forever since I've written. This time of year moves at a rapid pace, mostly because of the exciting things we have going on, but the rapidity (I just made that up!!) causes my blog to be forgotten by the time I'm getting kicked out of here at night.

Today we went to our middle school to see their production of "Aladdin." Oh my gosh, I might be slightly biased, but seriously only slightly, when I say they do the most amazing job with middle school students! The true testimony is the sheer number of students who volunteer to be involved. There are stage crews, light crews, the actors/actresses, make-up and hair--the whole thing! They work for months and months in preparation, and it shows. It is nothing less than stellar each year. Kudos to the staff members, parents and MIDDLE SCHOOL kids (it's a little mind blowing to me that so many kids of this age are so involved in their school's play--like I said, to me, that's testimony enough to what a quality production is created year after year). And, of course, then there's dorky me in the audience nearly in tears watching my former students up on stage lighting the place up. I'm a proud mama bear, that's for darn sure!!

That's it for today. My mind is a bit of a bowl of mush. I'm not sure why, espeically since we spent the afternoon enjoying the arts, so perhaps is the rain, but nonetheless, I'm taking it as a sign to say good-night, so Good-Night Gracie!

No comments:

Post a Comment